Friday, June 21, 2013
My Song Has A History
The song running inside my heart
is changing constantly
And for that, I'm sorry.
Not just for you, but
for all of you
and me.
You told me my singing sounded nice.
I know.
Thats why I was singing.
So you could hear it.
Because it's nice.
You're nice.
I can hear you louder than I could last week.
This part is called, "Lady,"
But the part before is called, "Liv."
And there's a part you can hear still, playing softly, called,
"Divine," "Angel," and "Sassafrass."
And then there's that part that was thought to be silent forever,
but suddenly blares, "Sweetheart."
I've heard it before, but this time the tones are off-key,
sad and lonely because they know how this song ends.
And so the music flows forward, but keeps changing,
evading the possibility of a continuous melody ending
in discordant disappointment.
June 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's why I was singing. Because it's nice.
ReplyDelete