Oh,
the inconsistencies of humanity!
We
begin to open little keyholes to our vast and maze-lake existence inside of us,
only
to stop them again and again.
Why
can you not have the key that slides smoothly into the lock
I
have carved for you?
The
carving of it is painful, you know.
Little
slivers of the wall I have sculpted must be cut away-
Did
you know it is to deny myself the complacency of a safe existence?
I
wouldn’t stop; but it is a process.
I
must set myself in front of disappointment, bare, without reason. Because it is
that
reason
that causes us to say,
You
are only going to be pummeled by this
Creature
in front of you.
Why
can you not simply take my hand
And say,
Me
too.
But
I have many stopped keyholes, and a few tentative windows.
But
the headlong, the vivacious…. What
is it for?
What
is it for?
Those
visions of unedited being,
I
feel we cannot achieve yet.
Maybe
the kindred spirits with whom I can finally find rest
I
have not yet discovered on this achingly vast plant.
I
have yet to look down on the water from the tree branch
and
hold that knowledge and drop it before yours splashes.
I
cannot hold my fingertips in space and let them drop
without
yours
I
am too afraid that the space created will be too far that it cannot be
shortened to
when
we walked side by side,
me
reaching but not daring to move.
Spring 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment