Thursday, June 20, 2013

It just needed a half-sheet

I wish I knew better
how to love you.
How to see your soul and embrace the
crazy social projection.

I wish I could drop you like nothing
ever happened
and walk away.
I wish i didn't like your parents, your sisters,
your humor, your ties
so much.

I wish I could peek inside your head.
I wish I could glance into Germany.
I wish I wasn't so inexplicably 
attached to you.

I wish you didn't have to go. 
Even from a distance,
you are so good for me.

I wish we had kept being friends.

I wish you had let it go a long time ago,
because you would have been my Prince,
always.

I wish I hadn't cut you off. 
I still feel bad about that.

-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

I wish you could see her right in front of you.
She hasn't gone anywhere; you hold a great deal
of her potential happiness in your hands.

I wish you'd take her, she deserves better than 
being dusted off at periodic moments
when you need safety. Because she is infinitely superior.
She has healing power.

Stay with her. She is building you, and you her.
We don't get any better;
there are few that deserve her.
She is fighting a different kind of battle;
fight with her.

Take very good care of her, whoever you are. 
She got broken-don't you dare ever break her again.
And you, you beautiful person, keep fighting.
I am waiting to find you.
You are going to help lead me out of the darkness.
I know you are learning.
I hope you cry. I hope you sing. 
I hope I find you soon.
But meanwhile, don't you give up.
              I need you.

Spring 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment