The Christmas tree whirred with gears,
the train circled its track around the merry little village,
and I was not afraid.
It was not complicated that night.
The world was so, so small.
Lit by low holiday light,
and I felt genuinely precious.
I was at home and delighted by everything-
we stacked the prophets one by one, and
one day your face will be on it.
We didn't leave until she was done,
because we had time,
because I adored her and everything else.
The world was so, so small.
The air was filled with little children and magic and safety.
I was fed and sheltered and welcomed.
I came from a faraway land,
but it was home.
We danced from corner to corner,
room to room,
you feeding my voracious appetite for quiet delight.
I didn't care about time, or worries, or trouble.
The world was so, so small.
No comments:
Post a Comment