Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dear College...


Oh, hello.
I guess I’ve got to meet you now.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got nothing against you as a person,
I just really don’t want to be friends.
Frankly, I don’t see the need. 
I could wait another six months to meet you and wouldn’t be any worse for the wear.
But I don’t think you’re really going to pay much attention to me.
You’re supposed to remember all these kids-millions of them.
How can you be friends with all of ‘em?
I suppose you bully some, you ignore a fair bit, and some you only care about
when you pass them in the halls.
But I’m one of those people that changes the people she is friends with-I take you on adventures, and so I don’t think you’re gonna be able to ignore me.
But sometimes I don’t think before I act or speak and so
being friends with me is going to hurt sometimes.
But I think being friends with me means you are going to know a bit more Broadway than before, see a bit more raw emotion, watch more of the ever-present girl-meets-boy, and learn more about
what makes us beautiful.
Because I already know what makes us human.
But beautiful? I don’t know.
Maybe your job is to help me figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment