Tuesday, August 27, 2013

And the Child Cried,


“It’s the day before the end of the world
And the sky is raging.”


Take me now, God.

Take me now, because I think what’s about to come
isn’t gonna be pretty.
Some moments are going to be breathtakingly beautiful. 
Like the rain today.

That was stunning.

I thought,
Everything is going to be OK.

But, truth is,
Everything is NOT going to be OK.

And that scares me.

Because when I fall apart, I have to be the one 
to put myself back together.
No one’s going to be downstairs, taking care of the world,
while I take a break and run away from everything else 
because all I can hear
Is the screaming inside my head.

Boys? That’s what you’re going to miss? Boys?!
Well, I’m going to miss my sounding-board for sanity 
living right down the hall.

And right now, I’m starting to crack.
That peace I knew couldn’t last, and yet,
I hoped it would.
And she’s cracked all over the place. 

So how am I supposed to find my sunlight reflected
in someone else so dark? 

2 comments:

  1. Well really you should feel brilliant, because that phrase lived in my head for a solid two days.

    ReplyDelete