Saturday, November 2, 2013

So Much Joy.....It's Coming



You told me, “write about college.”
But I’m not going to.
I’m going to write about you.
Me? Why me?
Don’t shrink out of the spotlight;
Don’t you dare make yourself less important.
You see yourself there, in a dark corner.
Alone.
Little.
Long hair covering your shrinking heart.
All you want is to get out.
But every layer of painted smile
Makes it easier for me to see right through.
I’m sure this is a taste of what God spends a fair amount of His time doing-
Aching.
Aching for you, and aching for me, and having all the answers.
But the difference?
I don’t have all the answers.
And I couldn’t fix you if I tried.
But here I am.
Trying.
Trying to make you feel better-trying to soak my sunshine into your skin.
But here’s the problem about life;
I can’t give you what I know,
because to know it, I’ve been to hell and back.
And sadly, you’ll have to go, too.
You might be there already, you might have a ways to go.
That’s cool.
I’m not going anywhere, and
He’s never going anywhere.
I’ll wait for you two to get back.
But in the meantime,
I’m always right down the hall. J

No comments:

Post a Comment