AKA Thank you for caring. I wish people would ask more often. But only if they cared.
I couldn’t
be present because I pretty much lost it trying to figure out if I could handle
all my classes.
I am jealous
of all the girls that have more friends, get included more, and go on dates.
I felt so
much smarter than everyone else in my review today, because I actually knew the
answers. And I wasn’t afraid to say so.
Walking
barefoot today was the greatest feeling-I had forgotten how much my feet, not
to mention my soul, crave a little freedom.
I am facing
a serious concern of getting fat because of the Cannon Center food. And I don’t
have time to run as much as I need to offset it.
I wish I
could get all my work done and play everytime my hallmates played so I never
missed out on anything.
I wish I
didn’t have a calling because it’s already stressing me out and I haven’t even started.
Tunnel singing is going to save me. It has and it will.
Tunnel singing is going to save me. It has and it will.
This campus
is far more beautiful than I ever thought.
God has told
me multiple times while I’ve been here that He expects great things out of me;
that I’m capable of the extraordinary.
That scares
me to death.
In our first
biology class, we played with termites, and I felt bad for disturbing them. I’m
sure they were trying to have a nice life. I think we killed some.
I always get
cold in the library.
As I’m
getting better, other people are getting worse, and when I was worse, they were
better.
Sometimes I
feel little and forgotten-I’ve got to get involved.
Most days, I
wake up stressed out. But I got to bed not so much. What about sleep is
stressful and college calming?
Whenever I
see boys playing Frisbee in the evenings, I am so jealous that they have free
time.
Instead of
sleeping, I talk, surf Facebook, and write poetry. Part of the problem.
My life has
become infinitely more simplistic now that I’m here, in the sense of living in
a small room, going to class, eating, studying, talking, sleeping. The end.
It’s starting to get old.
I’m learning
when to go to breakfast so I’m not late for class.
I’m training
myself to read more efficiently.
I’m learning
how to study better.
I get
distracted just as easily, but I don’t have a mom to save me from myself.
My backpack
isn’t as heavy as I thought it would be.
I love
American Heritage.
My bed is a
bed and a couch and a desk all in one.
I am scared
of doing laundry.
I love the
combination of cool air and sun. The best.
The Tanner
Building has study spots that I just discovered. I need to try it out soon.
They told me to find “my” study spot, “my” niche at BYU, “my” passion. Well,
all those things are very good at playing hide-and-seek, and I’m still looking.
College is a time for interaction. Don't study so much and socialize. Friends will help you in the hard parts. School is good, Friends are better.
ReplyDeleteIm always available, close even on tuesday and thursday.
I can relate to so many of these. Thank you for putting some of my feelings into words. You are a truly amazing person. I have been reading your blog tonight, and am so inspired by so many of your poems. You're so cool!
ReplyDelete